Moisturizing is an important part of every person’s skin regimen regardless of your age, gender, and skin type. This is where most people go wrong in properly taking care of their skin. Some people think that those with normal to oily skin need not to moisturize and that moisturizers are only for those with dry skin.
Others think that putting on moisturizer makes their skin too oily that they skip the moisturizing part day and night. If you are one of these people, please do not wonder why your skin is aging faster than others.
If you are worried that best moisturizers today cost more and you think it is not practical to spend more on that than your child’s diaper, we have got the perfect solution for you. Moisturizing does not have to be expensive. In fact, you might have the best yet cheapest natural moisturizers right at your cupboard.
1. Avocado – This fruit has long been regarded as probably one of the quickest fixes for dry skin. It is rich in potassium, vitamin B5, fiber, and fat. The key word, according to experts, is the fat that benefits dry skin the most. The mixture below provides the best natural moisturizers that will make your skin glow at a fraction of the price of high end moisturizers today.
Try this mixture for your benefit:
• 1 cup buttermilk
• Half avocado
• Two tablespoons honey
• Dash of olive oil
2. Milk – Do you remember the old tales about Cleopatra bathing in milk to get porcelain white and silky smooth and soft skin? However, this is not at all practical in our modern world today. What we suggest you to do is soak a face towel in milk or buttermilk and apply and leave unto the skin for at least 5 minutes. Do this regularly and you will surely reap from its moisturizing benefits.
Milk contains one of the hydroxy acids – the lactic acid. You might already be familiar with this as it is a common ingredient among skin care products today. These acids act as exfoliants and removes the dead skin cells paving way to younger and more moisturized skin.
3. Shea Butter – This is definitely one of the best moisturizers of all time. Your skin will feel instantly refreshed and moisturized. Today, this is being sold in bulk in either pure or mixed form. Remember, for as long as it has shea butter, you can expect high levels of moisturizing properties. However, make sure to choose those that are not 18 months old to get maximum moisturizing benefits.
Shea butter contains vitamin A which helps ease dry skin and vitamin F that promotes normal cell growth for a younger looking and perfectly moisturized skin.
4. Olive Oil – We know this to be good to our body but what most do not expect is for it to be used as a daily moisturizer. Olive oil works wonders in so many ways. In the olden times, Greeks used to add drops of olive oil to their bath.
Olive oil contains linoleic acid which is another component found in most skin care products today. It is actually a fat that prevents the skin from losing too much moisture. Experts believe olive oil to be safe for use even for medical conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
5. Honey – While a lot of you might be hesitant to put sticky honey in your face at night for the fear of ruining the towels and fear of being chased down by ants, honey holds some great moisturizing benefits for your skin.
Honey is a natural humectant that draws water molecules from air to the skin. As a result, it makes the skin moisture rich. In addition, this is also a natural antiseptic and antibacterial which would ensure pimples will be controlled.
Moisturizing with natural ingredients is definitely easy. It would not take much of your time and money so we suggest starting out on a good habit of moisturizing daily if you want younger, supple looking and perfectly moisturized skin that glows all day and all night long.